Terms & Conditions
1. This website can be accessed at www.lorenzi.co.za, related Mobi-sites and software applications (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by Le Croc (pty) Ltd t/a Lorenzi. Registration number 1982/000196/07 (“Le Croc, Lorenzi”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
2. These Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods, and the use of the Website.
3. These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user”). By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register Now”/” Sign up” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree
to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Website enables you to shop online for an extensive range of goods which may include handbags, purses, accessories (“Goods”).
2. Important Notice
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
2. These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which
-may limit the risk or liability of Le Croc/Lorenzi; and/or
– may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
– may compel the user to indemnify Le Croc/Lorenzi; and/or
– serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
1. Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
2. If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi i to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue
using the Website.
3. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be,
4. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
5. These Terms and Conditions are divided into three sections, as follows:
-Part A – Orders and Sales.
-Part C – General Legal Terms.
Please refer to our Returns Policy for more information about cancelling orders after delivery, and about returns (and related refunds, replacements or repairs). The Returns Policy is incorporated by reference (which means that it forms part of these Terms and Conditions).
2. Registration and use of the Website
1. Only registered users may order Goods on the Website.
2. To register as a user, you must provide a unique username and password and provide certain information and personal details to Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi. You will need to use your unique username and password to access the Website to purchase Goods.
3. You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
1. be used for personal use only; and
2. not be disclosed by you to any third party.
4. For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.
5. You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorised or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
6. You agree to notify Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
7. By using the Website, you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
8. You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised Company representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
9. You may not use the Website to distribute material, which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
10. You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised Company representative.
3. Conclusion of Sales and availability of stock
1. Registered users may place orders for Goods, which Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi may accept or reject. Whether or not Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of
payment or payment authorisation by Le Croc/Lorenzi for the Goods.
2. NOTE: Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Lorenzi come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi stating that your order or
payment has been confirmed. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
3. Prior to delivery of the Goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery of the Goods, you may cancel the Sale only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
4. Placing Goods in a shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available. You cannot hold Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi liable if such Goods are not available when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
5. You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited. In the case of Goods for sale by Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi, we will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the
availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after placing an order, Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such Goods.
6. Lorenzi Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi Returns Policy applies to all items purchased on http://www.lorenzi.co.za.
1. We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
2. Payment can be made for Goods via –
– credit card: where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information to authorise and/or verify the validity of the payment. In such cases we reserve the right to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation, your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred because of the services used on the Website.
– direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer: if you pay via direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer, payment must be made within 2 (two) days of placing your order. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi will not accept your order if payment has not been received.
1. You may contact us via email at [email protected] to obtain a full record of your payment. We will also send you email correspondence about your order and payment.
2. Once you have selected your payment method and you accept these Terms and Conditions, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
3. Delivery of goods
1. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi offers one method of delivery of Goods to you, which is via courier.
2. Please see details of our delivery and shipping terms and conditions in our FAQ: Shipping Information, which is incorporated by reference.
3. Where it accepts your order, Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days after receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will refund to you the purchase price.
We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
5. Site Promotions
From time-to-time Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi may run promotions. These promotions will either be on selected products or site wide. For each promotion there will be specific terms and conditions. Promotions may require the customer to apply the stated promo-code to their cart during the check-out process.
1. Promo-code discounts, even if site wide, will only apply to physical product. No promo-code discount will be applied to gift vouchers/cards.
1. We respect your privacy and will take all reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
2. Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
1. your name and surname.
2. your email address.
3. your physical address.
4. your gender.
5. your mobile number; and
6. your date of birth.
3. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
4. You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
5. Subject to clause 10.6 below, we will not, without your express consent:
1. use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
2. in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods.
3. to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
4. to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
5. to improve your experience on our website by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and to transact with us; or
6. disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
– to our employees and/or third-party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently.
– to our divisions and/or partners (including their employees and/or third-party service providers) for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
– to our suppliers for them to liaise directly with you in the event of you submitting a warranty claim regarding any Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement.
6. We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required to comply with any applicable law, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
7. We will ensure that all our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third-party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations (save as permitted herein) in relation to your personal information.
8. We will –
1. treat your personal information as strictly confidential.
2. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access.
3. provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details.
4. promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
5. provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request.
6. upon your request, promptly return or destroy all your personal information in our possession or control; and
7. not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
9. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy, unless we are compelled to do so by law. In particular, in the event of a fraudulent online payment, Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi reserves the right to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
10. Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is because of our gross negligence. If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as an entity which operates a website linked to this Website or anyone other than Lorenzi, Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi shall not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, suffered by you because of the disclosure of such information to the third party. This is because we do not regulate or control how that third parties use your personal information. This Website makes use of
“cookies” to automatically collect information and data through the standard operation of the Internet servers. “Cookies” are small text files a website can use (and which we may use) to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s on-going access to and use of a website and allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow the website operator to improve the
functionality of the website and its content. The type of information collected by cookies is not used to personally identify you. If you do not want information collected using cookies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to deny or accept the cookie feature. Please note that cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features available on our website, and thus if
you disable the cookies on your browser, you may not be able to use those features, and your access to our website will therefore be limited. If you do accept a “cookie”, you thereby consent to our use of any personal information collected by us using that cookie subject to the provisions of this clause 10.
7. Changes to these terms and conditions
1. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders
on, or in any other way use, the Website.
2. Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
8. Electronic communications
9. Ownership and copyright
1. The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trademarks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law. The Website Content is the property of Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi.
2. You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
3. Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content is prohibited unless expressly authorised in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any Website Content contact us on e-mail [email protected]
4. Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party imposes from time to time, and you agree to comply with such third-party terms and conditions.
1. The use of the Website is entirely at your own risk, and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Website or reliance on any information on the Website.
2. Whilst Le CrocPty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website.
3. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi disclaims liability for any damage, loss or liability, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
4. Although Goods sold from the Website may, under certain specifically defined circumstances, be under warranty, the Website itself and all information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
5. Any views or statements made or expressed on the Website are not necessarily the views of Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi, its directors, employees and/or agents.
6. In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or
files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardise or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk
associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or wilful
misconduct of Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. Lorenzi thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
11. Linked third party websites.
1. This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party Websites”) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third-Party Websites and Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third-Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may use.
2. Notwithstanding the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to Third Party Websites, your use of such Third-Party Websites is entirely at your own risk, and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third-Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained thereon.
12. Limitation of liability
1. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi cannot be held liable for any inaccurate information published on the Website and/or any incorrect prices displayed on the Website, save where such liability arises from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. You are encouraged to contact us to report any possible malfunctions or errors by way of email to [email protected] .
2. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damages which might arise from your use of, or reliance upon, the website or the content contained on the website; or your inability to use the website, and/or unlawful activity on the website and/or any linked third-party website.
3. You hereby indemnify Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi against any loss, claim or damage which may be suffered by yourself or any third party arising in any way from your use of this website and/or any linked third-party website.
13. Availability and termination
1. We will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and reserve the right to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
2. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that LeCroc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi will not be liable to you if it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website other than for processing any orders made by you prior to such time and to the extent possible.
3. If you fail to comply with your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, including any incident involving payment of the price of an order for any Goods, and you fail to remedy such failure within 7 (seven) days of notice to you by us, this may (in our sole discretion) lead to a suspension of your access to the Website without any prejudice to any claims for damages or otherwise that we may have
14. Governing law and jurisdiction
1. These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions,
applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
2. In the event of any dispute arising between you and Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (Western Cape Division, Cape Town) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise
fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
3. Nothing in this clause 18 or the Terms and Conditions limit your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
5. Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi hereby selects Unit 2 Lanseria Business Park, Falcon Lane, Lanseria 1748, Johannesburg as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“nominated address”). Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
6. You hereby select the address specified on the Goods order form as your nominated address, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving Le Croc Pty (Ltd t/a Lorenzi not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
7. Notices must be sent either by hand or email and must be in English. All notices sent –
1. by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery.
2. by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification. ALL
EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST MAKE USE OF THE “READ RECEIPT” FUNCTION to serve as proof that an email has been received.
15. Lorenzi information
For the purposes of the ECT Act, Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi’s information is as follows, which should be read in conjunction with its product descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the Website:
1. Full name: LE CROC PTY (LTD), a private company registered in South Africa with registration number
2. Main business: Manufacturer
3. Physical address for receipt of legal service (also postal and street address): Unit 2 Lanseria Business
Park, Falcon Lane, Lanseria 1748, Johannesburg (marked for attention: CEO and Legal)
4. Office bearers: Stefan van As
5. Official email address: [email protected]
1. Le CrocPty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason and without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website or the user’s right to use the Website or any of its contents subject to us processing any orders then already made by you.
2. You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
3. Any failure on the part of you or Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
4. If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
5. No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
6. No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor”) may show grant or allow to the other (the “grantee”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
7. These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and Le Croc Pty (Ltd) t/a Lorenzi and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.